Pages

Thursday 15 September 2016

Set default template size in Inkscape

Having to set up your working environment in any field can be tedious and time consuming. I like things set up a certain way and that rarely changes over time, so here I'll show you how to set up your default canvas size in Inkscape.

  • Go to Inkscape and set your desired canvas
  • I prefer my measurements to be in pixels and set to a height and width of 1000px x 1500 to fit nicely on my laptop
  • Save your desired setup as default.svg in your home directory at ~/.config/inkscape/templates/default.svg

And voilĂ , we have a new default setup to our liking each time we open Inkscape. You can also  save this in your root environment to have it available for all users but moving your default.svg to /usr/share/inkscape/templates with the following commad:

sudo mv ~/.config/inkscape/templates/default.svg /usr/share/inkscape/templates/

No comments:

Post a Comment